That’s right. It’s time to make your own scones and I suggest cranberry white chocolate.
They don’t take long (10 minutes to bake, in fact!) and they’re oh, so delicious! I use this recipe often. I’ve even done blueberry white chocolate (pictured below). You can freeze these individually (make sure to freeze them after they have cooled down!) and pop one into the oven/toaster oven/microwave on a low temperature for breakfast in the morning (or just let it thaw the night before).
Cranberry White Chocolate Scones:
- 350 g self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 85 g butter, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 175 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice
- beaten egg , to glaze
- 1 white chocolate bar, chopped into small pieces
- Handful of dried cranberries (I never measure these, just go with your gut!)
- Heat oven to 450°F. Mix flour in a large bowl with salt and baking powder. Add the butter, then rub in with your fingers until it looks like crumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Pour the milk into a glass measuring cup and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds, until warm. Add the vanilla and lemon juice, then set aside for a moment. Put a baking sheet in the oven.
- Make a well in the dry mix, then add the liquid and combine it quickly with a cutlery knife – it will be pretty wet at first. Scatter some flour onto the work surface and tip the dough out. Cover the dough and your hands with a little more flour, then fold the dough over 2-3 times. Pat into a round disc.
- Take a knife (with a little flour on it) and cut into the dough, then repeat until you have eight triangular scones (or use a round cutter).
- Brush the tops with beaten egg, then carefully place onto baking tray.
- Bake for 10 mins until risen and golden on the top and browning on bottom.
These are guaranteed to please any one of your family members and/or add a nice treat to your morning ritual!