I served these cupcakes at a baby shower yesterday and everyone loved them! Don’t think twice about making them, just do it.
I used a cream cheese icing on top and it compliments the pumpkin so well.
1/2-3/4 can (540ml) pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon griund cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon all-spice
2 cups of all-purpose flour (I use unbleached )
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ground ginger, nutmeg, and all-spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the eggs. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated, no longer. Add pumpkin puree and mix on medium until smooth.
- Divide the batter among your cupcake liners, filling half way. Makes about 14 large cupcakes. Bake for 20-30 or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients:
113 grams (1/2 cup) of butter, room temperature
113 grams (1/2 cup) of plain cream cheese
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 cups of icing sugar
1-4 tablespoons of milk (or water)
- Mix butter and cream cheese on medium speed to make smooth.
- Mix in vanilla
- Sift in icing sugar one cup at a time and mix on medium speed.
- Add milk to make smooth consistency. Make sure not to add to much or it will be too thin to pipe.
- Mix on high speed for 6-8 minutes.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with pumpkin spice! (Don’t forget to lick the spoon! )