Avocados are the best! Not only do they offer you outstanding health benefits but it takes five minutes for most recipes. Whether you’re slicing some on your dinner, throwing it into a juice or making guacamole, avocados offer you tons of advantages!
I was making my usual bi-weekly guacamole and thought, this is one of the best things about a minimal life. It takes two minutes and it’s so delicious. I keep mine pretty simple but you’re welcome to add more!
- 4-6 avocados (ripe – I buy a bag of avocados and let them sit for 3-4 days before I use them. If you touch them and they’re still firm, then they’re not ready.)
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped/minced garlic (this is based on how big your love of garlic is! I sometimes use more)
- 1-2 teaspoons salt (again, based on taste for you!)
- 2-4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 chopped tomato
- 0.5 chopped red onion
- Handful of chopped cilantro (and for garnish)
- Remove seed and peel of all avocados.
- Mash avocados together (I use a potato masher)
- Add all other ingredients and mix together.
Voila, you’re done! This recipe is super easy and I use it on toast, on eggs, on tacos/burritos and on perohy/perogies (my new fave)!